The Classics Unit at the University of South Africa is inviting applications for a Junior Lecturer or Lecturer position of one year (renewable for a second year).
The position will entail teaching Ancient History and Classics within the Department, participate in curriculum development, do research in the field of Greco-Roman antiquity (including completing postgraduate qualifications), and perform academic duties relating to the general administration of the discipline within the Department.
· An Honours degree in Classics (Classical Culture, Ancient History or Greek/Latin language/literature).
· A MA degree in Classics (Classical Culture, Ancient History or Greek/Latin language/literature).
· At least 1 (one) year’s relevant experience.
· A Lecturer will be teaching Classics at undergraduate and Honours level.
· A Junior Lecturer will be teaching Classics at undergraduate level.
· Participating in curriculum development.
· Administrative tasks relating to the management of the disciplines.
· Support with departmental research activities.
· Furthering qualifications.
· Research output.
Assumption of duty: January 2021.
Salary: Remuneration is commensurate with the seniority of the position
Closing date: 1 September 2020
The application must be accompanied by a CV and a recently certified copy of their ID. Candidates with foreign qualifications must also submit the South African (SAQA) equivalent of qualifications. Please also provide the details of three contactable references.
Applications should be sent to Martine De Marre, email@example.com on or before the closing date.